Saturday, March 31, 2018

{Sugar Bee} Coconut Macaroon Cupcakes

This year for our Easter celebration I wanted to make some yummy cupcakes, but I wanted to create something in addition to than the traditional carrot cake. After a little bit of brainstorming I remembered the egg nest cookie I created a number of years ago and thought this could be fun but in cupcake form. Thus, I decided upon a coconut macaroon cupcake. This delicious treat is made of a coconut cake topped with a layer of chocolate ganache, frosted with a coconut whipped buttercream, and then sprinkled with toasted coconut. They were so cute just decorated with coconut, but I thought they needed to be a little more festive, therefore for an added Easter decoration, I placed a Cadbury chocolate egg on the very top! They turned out just as I had envisioned. Wishing you and your family an "egg-cellent" Easter!
 Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment