Tuesday, October 17, 2017

{Sugar Bee} Cookies for a 3-Ring Circus

 
I was so excited when I was asked to create cookies for a little boy's 3rd birthday party. Hudson is turning 3 and to celebrate his special day, his mom is planning to throw him a 3-Ring Circus themed party. It is such a cute theme and I had so many ideas it was so hard to narrow it down!
After a lot of brainstorming I came up with a set that I think depicts a 3-Ring Circus perfectly. When I design cookies for birthdays I always love to personalize the cookies with an initial of the birthday child or the age in which they are turning. In this case, I chose to do both! I created a number 3 in a festive circus tent pattern with blue pennant banners. I mimicked the red and white color scheme on the traditional popcorn bucket, but added a touch of black on the H which helped tie in the Ring Master's mustache. The butter on the popcorn also helped tie in the yellow on the clown. And of course the clown was a must because who doesn't think of clowns when they think of a circus?! The hardest part for me was deciding which animal to create for the set....do I choose an elephant, a seal, a monkey, or horse? But ultimately I chose the lion because kids are always excited and awed with the lions at the circus. They are also fun because I get to use sprinkles and what child doesn't love sprinkles?!

I had so much fun with this set and I hope the birthday boy loves them as much as I loved making them!

Happy 3rd Birthday Hudson!

No comments:

Post a Comment