Tuesday, October 27, 2015

{Queen Bee} Disneyland Surprise!

A couple weeks ago, my husband and I surprised our little ones with a trip to Disneyland. I did this in part because telling them any earlier would result in being asked if we are going to Disney everyday (perhaps every hour) until the day we left.....but mostly because I love surprises and this would be so special! So I thought the best way to surprise my son and daughter would be to just let them get into the car and have it decorated with Mickey Mouse related decorations and little activities and things just for them.

So I created a banner using construction paper and twine. I also transformed a wooden photo box (found at Michael's Craft Store) into Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse boxes and filled them with small Mickey and Minnie themed toys, DVDs, stickers, notepads, t-shirts, and other activities to help keep them occupied during our long ride to California. The best part was that the box was their own souvenir to fill with odds and ends they collected during their vacation! Last but not least, I made Mickey Mouse Clubhouse sugar cookies for all of us to enjoy during our trip. Those were gobbled up!
Once they got into the car they immediately found their boxes and when they asked why the car was decorated with Mickey and Minnie decorations, their faces filled with excitement!
Though it was super tough keeping this trip a secret, these smiles made all of our hard work and secrecy so worth it!
 Disneyland was so much fun and I look forward to surprising them the next time we go to Disneyland!
It was happiest place on earth because it made my kids the happiest little boy and girl!

To download the templates I used to trace onto the construction paper click HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment