Friday, June 8, 2012

{Queen Bee} Mama's 60th Birthday Ruffle Cake

Yesterday my mother turned the big 6-0! Yes, my mama is actually 60 years old, though you would never know it because she doesn't look it and she doesn't really act that old either. Honestly, sometimes I think she has more energy than I do! Must be all of that Jazzercise she does.

To celebrate this momentous mile stone and to thank her for being the best mom and grandma ever, I wanted to surprise her with a special cake that was as beautiful as she is! So I thought what a perfect time to create the ruffle cake I have been dying to make.

It wasn't that long ago that I had seen Sweetapolita (a fantastic baker, you should check out her website) create a beautiful cake that looked like yards and yards of ruffles, and instantly I knew that I had to learn how to make that cake. Though there wasn't a tutorial, it seemed relatively easy and she did mention that she used the Wilton #123 large flower petal tip. Lucky for me I happened to have it! With that little bit of knowledge, I went for it....and I must say, it was actually pretty easy and the cake is very forgiving, so you don't have to be a skilled cake decorator to do this yourself.

Needless to say, my mom loved it and had a very happy birthday! 

Happy 60th Birthday to my beautiful and amazing mama, role model, teacher, cheerleader, inspiration, and friend. Without you I wouldn't be the person I am today. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment