Monday, April 4, 2011

{Queen Bee} Introducing the Healthy Bee

It has been 10 months since I had my son, Jake, and I have yet to return to my pre-baby weight and lifestyle. It is partly because I have enjoyed using the excuse that I have "recently" had a baby and partly because I have just become lazy. But it is now time to stop making excuses and return to the healthy and active lifestyle to which I was once accustomed. Therefore, I am now adding "Healthy Bee" to my blog that will feature recipes and tips for fighting the fat and living healthfully.

You must be thinking how ironic it is to have healthy postings on a blog that features mostly sweets? But, my motto is not to deprive oneself but to eat in moderation. Sure, go ahead and take a small taste of your creation, but don't eat them all! I am one who definitely likes to indulge once in a while, but just make sure that your once in a while doesn't become everyday. You can absolutely have the best of both worlds!

So now here I am ready to fight the fat and return to my former self...and fit into my skinny jeans! I will keep track of my progress and I encourage anyone who has also been struggling with losing weight to join me on this journey!


Here are a few tips to get you started!

*To lose weight you need to have more energy output than input. Therefore, if you reduce your calories by 500, you will lose one pound a week. (1 pound = 3500 calories) Exercise is important and will only help with your energy output. But if you haven't exercised in a while, start slow....you need to re-condition yourself. Try power walking or the elliptical if you are a beginner. The first two weeks will be tough but just power through it, it will get easier!

*It is important to fill your diet with nutrient dense foods. This means you want the "biggest bang for your buck" when it comes food....eating foods that give the highest amount of nutrients for the least amount of energy (calories)! Therefore, don't ignore nutrition labels...they will help you with keeping your food intake healthy and nutrient dense!

*Keep track of your calories in a journal or on an online calorie tracker. Being informed of this will keep you accountable for the foods you consume and will keep you eating the right amount of calories you need to be healthy and lose weight.

*If you have any health or medical problems, consult your doctor and/or a registered dietitian, together they can put you on a program that is healthy and created just for your needs.

Stay tuned for my first "Healthy Bee" post!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Elisa! Let's do this together. There was a period in my life where I lived at the gym and I loved how I felt. I want that back! So... LET'S DO THIS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to have you on board!!! Let's show that fat who's boss! :)

    ReplyDelete