Thursday, September 2, 2010

{Party Bee} Molly's Ducky Baby Shower

This past Spring I had the pleasure of co-hosting a baby shower for my friend Molly who was having a baby a month after I was due. As you can see from the picture we both had our big bellies and were anxiously awaiting our little boys! Right away I knew I wanted the theme to be Rubber Duckies because there was so much fun stuff to do with duckies. The color scheme I chose was yellow (for the duckies of course) and two shades of blue because Molly was having a boy and because the colors work so well together. So I searched online for inspiration and came across so many great things. Etsy (one of my favorite sites) had an amazing diaper cake, which I just had to replicate with my own personal touches. I also found Wilton ducky candy molds that I used to create yellow and blue duckies for some more dashes color. For even more color and in place of flowers, I used white floral vases to hold napkins that I rolled up to somewhat resemble calla lilies and tied with various shades of blue ribbon. The swag of paper duckies finished the table setting nicely adding some contrast against the white tablecloth.The table turned out so nicely and looked so festive!
 
The cupcakes I made were decorated very simply. I colored the frosting blue and topped the cupcake with candy duckies and coordinating paper toppers.
I probably had some of the most fun making these ducky sugar cookies decorated with royal icing. I packaged them in a treat bag and tied a ribbon and tag around each one.
As a thank you to all of Molly's guests, I packaged yellow ducky cookie cutters with Jordan Almonds to look like eggs. The tags on each package list the date of the shower and gives a nice little thank you to the guests for attending.

What is a party without candy? I filled three apothecary glass jars with coordinating candies; blue M&M's, Dove milk chocolates wrapped in royal blue foil, and yellow lemonheads. Yum!

 With all of these fun and delicious treats I had to create pretty takeout boxes for the guests to fill up before they left! What a great way to end a party!

No comments:

Post a Comment